Facial Recognition Technology (FRT) is a serious threat to privacy, autonomy, and freedom of expression. I am passionately opposed to Face Surveillance via FRT and am pursuing bans at Yale University and for the City of New Haven, Connecticut.
- Press Coverage – Yale Daily News | The Guardian | FFTF Blog | New Haven Indy | ExpressVPN
- Letter to Yale President Peter Salovey, March 2, 2020 (PDF)
- Draft New Haven Face Surveillance Ban (Office Doc)
- Draft New Haven Face Surveillance Ban (PDF)
- All legislative documents are licensed CC0 / released into the Public Domain.
Digital Self-Defense Training
I show people how to be safe and aware while traversing the digital landscape. Learners must approach privacy and cybersecurity step-by-step, integrating strategies rather than relying on catch-all solutions.
Cyber Attack Demos
From $299 PER SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT
I want people to see cyber attacks first-hand so they can guard against them. My demonstrations contain safe, simplified examples of real-world attacks that are designed for audience interaction.
“Sean has distinguished himself as a leader within the Free Software community. He is capable of communicating about the Free Software movement and information technology because he is immersed in it. I have gained a deep appreciation for Sean’s knowledge in his roles as a developer, activist, and educator, as well as his ability to understand and think critically at many different levels and to communicate about difficult issues to people with diverse backgrounds.”